There is no charge for us processing your expense claim.
The only expenses we (Crest Plus) pay are in relation to mileage (i.e. approved mileage allowance payments (AMAPs)).
AMAPs will only be reimbursed if;
• you use your own vehicle for business journeys while working for us;
• the distance travelled is wholly, exclusively and necessarily for the performance of your duties and does not relate to a private or non-business purpose;
• we are reasonably satisfied that either:
• the manner in which you perform your services is not subject to supervision, direction or control (or the right thereof) by any person. In this regard, one of the factors we shall take into account when considering this are the answers and information you provided us with. Therefore it is important that you answer any questions we put to you about this in a truthful, full and frank manner, because we shall be relying on these; or
• during the relevant Assignment you shall be working at various sites for the same end client none of which constitute a permanent workplace (as defined by Section 339 of ITEPA 2003); if any of those sites are a permanent worksite or become one you will not be entitled to AMAPS in relation to travel to and from that site and
Any AMAPs expenses paid to you shall be paid without PAYE income tax or national insurance contributions having been deducted.
To receive these expenses it is important that you get your expense claim to us correctly completed. You can do this by
• filing an on-line expense claim. If you have your Crest Plus username and password use this link to take you to our Expense Online Portal or Contact Us.
• completing and emailing the expense form together with your receipts
All mileage claims must be supported by VAT receipts.
If an expenses claim is completed incorrectly or is not accompanied by all the necessary supporting documentation we will contact you and you will be required to resubmit your claim. We would encourage you to submit your expense claims on a weekly basis in order to optimise the financial return to you.
We require all expense claims to be supported by proof of purchase. This can be original receipts or legible scanned or photocopied images of the same. All mileage receipts must be VAT receipts as specified by HM Revenue & Customs.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept credit and debit card receipts as these are not itemised, we require itemised receipts to match the items on your Expenses Claim Form. We also need the merchant’s details and VAT number. So, please remember to ask for VAT receipts.
The amount that we pay for mileage is based on guidance from HM Revenue & Customs, which is calculated on a pence per mile basis. Fuel receipts are needed to support your mileage claim.
Expenses are paid from the contract sum that we receive from the agency for the services you have provided, and are reimbursed to you once your net pay has been calculated. Therefore, if you are no longer an employee of Crest Plus Exchange Limited, we will not receive a contract sum from which to pay the expenses.
Any expenses for which you have submitted a claim but that have not been paid by then because you have generated insufficient funds for us as your employer are deemed to have been rejected will not be paid and will not roll forward for potential payment at a later date.
However, please request a call back by filling in the contact form so that we can look at your records in more detail.
One of the advantages of working with Crest Plus is the ability to claim and be reimbursed for legitimate professional costs and expenses, as long as they have been incurred during an assignment.
The type of costs and expenses that can be claimed and reimbursed are dependent on the type of assignment you’re working on and whether it’s subject to supervision, direction and control (SDC).
When working in certain sectors the following types of professional costs and expenses need to be considered and could be claimed and reimbursed by submitting a Form P87 or Self-Assessment Form through HM Revenue & Customs. This is a very simple process, can be submitted on-line and Crest Plus will be happy to support you.
To verify your claim, HM Revenue & Customs will require you to have kept copies of all receipts.