We can help you enjoy the benefits of flexible working without the hassle of setting up a limited company or the cost of working through an Umbrella.
With our Freelance Contracting service, you get:
- The ability to work for companies that will only pay flexible workers via a compliant payments partner. We are on the preferred supplier and approved supplier list of many of the UK’s top employment agencies.
- Fast, efficient processing of payments.
- We can assist with your registration as self-employed (sole trader) with HMRC.
- Preferential rates on self-assessment tax returns.
- Support and guidance on all aspects of tax and compliance.
- Access to thousands of savings with our exclusive rewards scheme – Crest Plus Advantage.
Who is our Freelance Contracting service for?
Our Freelance Contracting service is designed for contractors who are not subject to IR35 but do not want to work through their own limited company.
It may be that you are self-employed/freelance on a temporary basis so want to avoid the cost and hassle of setting up, administering and then closing down a limited company (PSC), which can run into £1,000s. Or it may be that you are just trying out working for yourself and want to wait and see how it goes before taking the leap and becoming a director of your own company.
Whatever your circumstances, we’ll help you decide if our Freelance Contracting service is the right option for you.
Being paid through our Freelance contracting service is very simple. You submit your timesheet to your agency. The agency processes your timesheet and passes your payment on to us. We deduct our margin and then pass your payment on to you without delay. It’s a straight-forward service designed to be easy to use.
Paying tax and National Insurance
When you’re self-employed, you will be required to pay tax and National Insurance at the end of the year via your Self-Assessment Tax Return. It’s really important to keep accurate records of your income and expenditure throughout the year as this will enable an accurate calculation of the tax you’ll need to pay and ensure your tax return is straight-forward to complete.
When you choose our Freelance Contracting service, you get preferential rates on our self-assessment tax returns service.
Find out more
Speak to a member of our expert team to discuss in more detail. Contact us.