Reforms to off-payroll (IR35) rules in the private sector are due to come into effect in April 2021.
Under current rules, contractors are responsible for working out their IR35 status and paying the correct taxes.From April 2021, that responsibility will switch to end hirers, with employment agencies becoming liable in the first instance for unpaid taxes. This exposes end hirers and agencies to new financial risks. As a result, some contractors will find their assignments will be classed as inside IR35.
If this is the case, agencies will need to work with contractors to review their working options and switch to an alternative – that’s where we come in. We’re here to help your agency, your contractors and end hirers to understand and prepare for the new rules.
The support you need
We appreciate that the new rules pose a number of challenges for end hirers and agencies. How to assess workers properly? How to retain the best talent? How to mitigate risk in the supply chain? These are just a few of the issues that need to be considered when deciding how to respond to the new legislation.
Let us help you
- We can provide the compliant services, tailored advice and information you need to respond appropriately to the new legislation.
- We are experts in IR35 and have worked with the legislation since it was first introduced. Having provided contractor payment services for 20+ years, we supported end hirers, agencies and contractors when similar rules were introduced into the public sector in 2017.
- We have guided our customers through a myriad of legislative change – and we can do the same for you when it comes to navigating the latest reforms.
We operate FCSA-accredited Umbrella and Self-employed contractor payment services including CIS and Freelance working options. We take care of all aspects of compliance whilst ensuring contractors are paid accurately and on time. We have one of the most experienced payments teams in the industry.
Umbrella contracting is a straight-forward, hassle-free way to work, particularly for contractors who are inside IR35.
- One of the UK’s longest-established Umbrella companies operated by one of the most experienced teams in the industry.
- FCSA-accredited for complete peace of mind.
- It’s easy to switch from PSC to our Umbrella, registration takes just a few minutes.
Find out more about Umbrella from Crest Plus.
We can advise when our Freelance working option is appropriate and provide a great service to your agency and your contractors. We have worked with self-employed contractors for more than 20 years so will take care of all aspects of compliance, including tax return support.
- Support from self-employed contracting experts.
- Hassle-free service, easy to register and get paid promptly.
- Compliance is our number 1 priority.
Find out more about our Freelance contracting service.
We have an extensive track record in CIS, providing compliant payment services to thousands of contractors.
- Work with a team that knows and understands CIS.
- Compliant, FCSA accredited services for complete peace of mind.
- A great service for your contractors, less hassle for you.
Find out more about our CIS service.
Switch your PSC contractors to Umbrella, CIS or Freelance working options, seamlessly. We operate FCSA-accredited Umbrella and Self-employed contractor payment services and provide complete flexibility.
What to do next
We are here to help you prepare. Contact us to find out more about our services. We can also talk to you about arranging IR35 training sessions for your consultants so that they can talk to end hirer and contractors with confidence. In addition, we can help you with walk-in clinics for your contractors. Please get in touch.